Towne Creek COVID Screening Policy
When you arrive at Towne Creek in the morning, please park your car, put on your mask, and bring your child/children to the appropriate entrance. Kindergarten and Learning Center students check-in at the new building. PreK and younger students check-in at the main entrance.
The following steps will be taken:
- Your child’s temperature will be taken. Anyone with a temperature at or above 100.4 will not be allowed to enter the building.
The following questions will be asked:
- Is your child currently showing signs of a respiratory infection?
- Has your child had diarrhea or fever in the last 24 hours?
- In the last 14 days, has anyone in your family had contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or someone under investigation for COVID-19?
- In the last 14 days, have anyone in your family been diagnosed with COVID 19?
- In the last 14 days, have you traveled internationally or been to venues or events with large crowds?
- Have you and your family been practicing social distancing?
If you answer yes to questions 1 thru 5, your child will not be allowed in the building.
If the answer is no to these questions and yes to question 6, your child will be given hand sanitizer, they will clean their shoes in a foot bath, and a staff member will escort them to their classroom. Parents are not currently allowed in the building.
Classroom Policies to Prevent COVID-19
Towne Creek Staff will take several precautions throughout the day to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The CDC has four primary practices that we adhere to.
- Wear a mask or cloth face covering. ( For proper care and fitting of masks, please go to https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-to-wear-cloth-face-coverings.html) All Staff wears masks throughout the day inside the building. All Kindergarten and older students must wear masks while inside the building. Preschool students may choose to wear a mask if they wish. (Mandatory for age 3 and up while inside the building, except at naptime)
- Wash your hands frequently using soap and water. Children and staff should wash hands for 20 seconds and then rinse to ensure cleanliness. All students and staff wash their hands upon entering the classroom in the morning.
- Social Distancing – Stay at least 6 feet away from other people (3 feet away if all students are wearing masks) to reduce the transmission of this virus.
- Teachers have created visual cues in the classroom to help remind students to give each other space.
- No more than two students per table.
- When in the hallways, students create space within the line
- No more than one class on the playground at a time
- Nap mats are separated to be as far apart as possible.
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Each teacher cleans the doorknobs, light switches, sinks, counters, faucets, toilets, handles, intercoms, etc., throughout the day.
- We have staff whose sole duty is to clean the building throughout the day.
- All playground equipment is cleaned, and high-touch areas are re-cleaned between class use.
- Toys used by children will be cleaned and sanitized after use.
Travel Policy – Click here.
COVID-19 Parent Handbook
For more specific information on preventative measures taken at Towne Creek, please CLICK HERE to read the Parent Handbook.
COVID-19 Resources (CDC, Texas Health & Human Services)
- Symptoms of COVID-19
- How To Protect Yourself and Others from COVID-19
- How to Wear and Care for Masks
- Who should wear mask?
- Social Distancing
- What to Do if you are Sick
- Isolate if you are Sick
- When to Quarantine
- Testing for COVID-19
- When you can be around others after COVID-19
- Talking to Children about COVID-19
- Texas Health and Human Services Checklist for Child Care Centers