The Towne Creek School is looking for an experienced lifeguard who is capable of managing a group of children in a positive, respectful manner to ensure their safety at the pool. Duties include working with children age 3 to 12 years, assisting the swim teacher with swim lessons in the morning, and supervising free swim in the afternoon, managing the pool chemical levels and maintaining the safety of the pool’s participants, furnishings and equipment.
- Must be 18 years of age and a high school graduate.
- Must have a clear FBI background check and be fingerprinted prior to start of employment.
- Must have experience lifeguarding and have Lifeguard Certification from Red Cross or another recognized organization.
- If not currently certified, applicant must be willing to enroll and complete a Lifeguard course prior to June 6, 2013.
- Must be current in CPR and First Aid or successfully complete an approved course prior to employment.
- Must have two years’ experience caring for children in a licensed early childhood facility OR successfully complete 24 hours of pre-service child care orientation prior to working with children on your own.
- Must be capable of managing a group of children with varied dispositions in a positive and respectful manner.
- Must be friendly, hardworking, energetic, enthusiastic, creative, self-motivated and willing to make learning fun! The position requires considerable flexibility and patience.
- Must have good verbal as well as written communication skills such as content and grammar.
- Must be able to work well both independently and cooperatively in a positive, team-oriented, environment.
- Must have a good attendance record and be punctual.
- Must be able to tolerate the heat and humidity for long periods of time.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical demands of the position i.e.; able to lift, carry, push and/or pull up to 50 pounds. Some climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and or crawling will be required.
- Supervise all who enter the pool ensuring safety is the number one priority.
- The lifeguard must be warm, friendly, creative, and communicate effectively with the children.
- Should enjoy and respect the egocentricity of every child.
- Plan developmentally and age appropriate pool activities for the children participating in free swim.
- Escort students to and from the pool and ensure that they arrive safely back at their classroom.
- Communicate any problems or repair needs to the administration and the pool company.
- Be open to change, new ideas and constructive criticism.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job functions.
- Be knowledgeable of the Minimum Standard Requirements of Child Care required by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services as they pertain to swimming pools.
SALARY $9 – $11 per hour
Salary is based on a number of factors 1) Certifications 2) Years of experience, etc. Final salary is negotiable.