What Makes Towne Creek Unique?
- Towne Creek is an open, spacious, family environment set on a two-acre campus and offers the following amenities:
- Sixteen classrooms
- An indoor gym/activity room
- Three outdoor playgrounds
- A large field for group activities
- A sport court
- An in-ground swimming pool
- A computer lab
- A new, spacious, afterschool/activity area for class and programs
- A large multi-purpose room for group activities and programs
- Low student to teacher ratios/ individualized instruction
- Longevity – Towne Creek has been managed by its current owner since its inception, 36 years ago.
- Staff Longevity
- Nearly half the staff (23) have been part of the Towne Creek Family for over three years.
- Of that Group:
- Five staff members have been with us 5 or more Years
- Six staff members have been with us 10 or more years
- Three staff members have been with us 15 or more years
- The majority of our teachers hold degrees in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- Convenient proximity to Fort Bend Schools in the Missouri City/Sugar Land area
- Motor Development twice a week for Toddler through Kindergarten student s
- Music Class weekly for Two’s through Kindergarten students
- Spanish Instruction for the Three Year, Pre-K and Kindergarten students
- Zumbini Class for Twos through Kindergarten
- Specialty classes in Art, Computer, and Drama for Pre-K and Kindergarten students
- Optional enrollment in onsite Gymnastics, Soccer Shots and Dance Programs
- Parent Involvement is highly encouraged
What age groups do you serve?
- Towne Creek has year round, full day programs for children age 6 weeks through kindergarten, and an afterschool program for students in kindergarten through middle school. (During the summer session, we have a full day program for this age group).
What qualifications must your teachers have?
- Lead Teachers – Either a degree in Early Childhood Education or related field, or a CDA, along with at least 2 years experience in an early childhood setting. If no degree or certification, at least 3 years teaching experience in an early childhood setting. With all new teachers, excellent references are necessary.
- All of our teachers are background checked and fingerprinted.
- Every employee is CPR/First Aid Certified and must renew their certification every two years.
- Each teacher must obtain at least 24 hours of professional training each year
What curriculum do you use?
- All age groups plan together on a weekly basis to determine the weekly themes and activities for their program. In the infants through threes, teachers introduce skills and concepts in the stories, songs, finger plays, art, and table and center activities that they plan.
- The PreK classes utilize Big Day for PreK – www.scholastic.com/bigday along with their own creative ideas when they plan their activities. Computer Class, Motor Development, Spanish, and Music classes along with field trips enhance the curriculum in this age group.
- Kindergarten – We utilize a variety of curriculum resources when planning our themes and activities, while following the Texas State Standards for Kindergarten.
When is Towne Creek Open?
- Towne Creek is open year round, Monday through Friday, 6:30 am to 6:30 pm
- We close for major holidays: New Year’s Day, MLK Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- We also close 4 additional days around the winter holidays, a summer make ready day at the end of May and two Make Ready Days in August.
- All of our closures and early closings are listed on our website calendar.
Do you offer part time programs?
- Yes. We have a 2 and 3 day program with the options of Full Day (pick up after 2:30 pm), School Day (2:30 pickup), or Half Day (12:00 pm pick up) for Toddlers through PreK. The infant program is 5 days only.
What is your tuition?
- We pride ourselves on staff longevity and experience and offer innovative programming in a unique setting. Towne Creek offers a number of different programs based on age, length of stay, etc. Our tuition rates have been compared with other child care facilities and schools in the area and are very comparable. Our pricing is posted on our admission page. You may also call the school (281-499-8030) for tuition information.
Do you accept credit cards?
- Yes. However there is a convenience fee charged for credit and debit card use.
Do you offer tours of the school?
- Yes we do. Tours are offered Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00 pm without appointment. Should you wish to tour any other time, please call ahead for availability.