Why are giving opportunities provided? As in most fine independent private schools, from preschools through high schools, tuition cannot cover the entire operating budget that is required to provide the educational, recreational and enrichment opportunities that we want for our students. Schools such as ours do not receive funding from local, state or federal agencies, so they rely on funds raised from “giving campaigns” to support all areas of their program, and to help the school fulfill its program goals. Each year, members of the school community – parents, alumni, grandparents, staff and friends, make a donation to the school. Every gift counts, regardless of size.
Annually, we have held fundraisers, such as cookie dough, Entertainment Books and wrapping paper, which require time and effort for parents to go out and sell these products. Instead of selling products, parents may prefer the idea of the Annual Giving Campaign whereby one can donate directly to the school. With annual costs increasing in our normal operating expenses, we try to keep our annual tuition increase at a minimum. As a result, having an annual giving campaign is a way to allow members of our school community to give according to their individual priorities, as well as financial situations.
The Towne Creek School is not a non-profit organization; therefore your donation would not be tax-deductible.
How would your donation be helpful?
Each year, we take on one or more major improvement projects, whether to the physical facility or in the curriculum areas, that require spending outside of our normal operating budget. In the past three years, we have completed the following projects:
- Replaced 16 cribs in our infant program due to licensing regulations
- Painted murals in our infant rooms
- Added 10 computers, keyboards and monitors to our computer lab
- Installed 3 security cameras and DVR to our facility
- Upgraded our security alarm system
- Replaced our existing front door access entry system to work with new alarm system
- Installed a new infant-toddler playground, with a state-of-the-art infant outdoor play space, including a wood fence enclosure for shade
- Added new wall mounted basketball goals to our gym
- Purchased audio/visual equipment for presentations
- Upgraded our website to be more interactive
- Installed a new phone/intercom system throughout the school for better communication as well as emergency notifications and procedures
- Added synthetic turf to the infant/toddler playground as well as the preschool playground
- Replaced all of the skylights on our roof
- Completed the 60 X 35 foot Sport Court
- Installed new carpet throughout the school
- Updated the employee restroom
- Added a two room modular building for Kindergarten and Afterschool use
- Painted the offices
- Installed all new landscaping
Future projects include:
- Possible permanent addition to the school for Kindergarten and Afterschool
- Lighting in the Parking lot
- Refinishing all of the classroom doors and adding bulletin boards to each
- Updating the family restooms
- Replacing the roof
- Replacing the carpeting on the walls of the gym
- Educational Seminars/Conferences for Teachers and Administrators
If you believe in Towne Creek’s mission and vision, please make a gift today to continue to help us prepare these young minds with brilliant futures!
Please contact Judy at 281-499-8030 for more information about the Annual Giving Campaign.